. Wedding Dimension: Venues

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Venues

We have finally decided on our venue… the first one we looked at and the one I’ve been in love with from the start (got my way in the end…).

I am not a frilletjies en valletjies type of person. I like clean lines and simplicity above all. Most of the venues we looked at cater for brides who like lace and organza, ivy and roses… That is just not me. GV liked Zebra Country Lodge, North of PTA. The main reason being that all his mates can spend the night and don’t have to drive home. I am all for having a party until the early morning but I would prefer to have breakfast the next morning with the family and close friends, not EVERYBODY.

So, our chosen venue???



The Cradle restaurant in the Cradle of Human Kind!!! It is fabulously stylish and the surrounds and views are stunning. We will have the ceremony in the bush under the trees, and the reception in the restaurant. The guests will be shuttled down to the ceremony site with game viewing vehicles, and back up again afterwards. We said from the start that we want to create a relaxed and casual atmosphere and as guests will have to get in and out of the landies, they can’t wear heels, dresses or suits and everyone will feel more at ease in their smart casual wear (I HOPE!!!).


Wedding Venue


Our wedding reception venue

Now that the venue is sorted, the rest of the planning will hopefully go as smooth. I have got quotes from photographers, DJ’s and make-up artists. The only thing that I am still not sure of is the flowers and florist. I have been assured that most flowers are grown in green houses these days and that they are available year round. The prices might just be a bit more for flowers out of season. My favourite flowers since forever are tulips (and I am marrying a Dutch guy!!!), so I am hoping tulips are available and not too pricey…


My Bouquet


Tulips


No comments:

Post a Comment