. Wedding Dimension: Guess what?!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Guess what?!


I know, I know... I haven't posted in AGES and now, out of the blue, here I am back in the land of blog :-)

And with HUGE news! My baby sister is getting married in September!! And I am matron-of-honor (is that the right word??)

So, here starts a new avenue of exploration: the planning of the kitchen tea / bachelorette  party for someone else.

Vicky (my sis) wants to have a high tea inspired girlie affair, all pink and rosey! I have been looking at some venues to host the tea party and I just fell in love with The Succulent Cafe in Northcliff, Johannesburg. What a girlie, beautiful, pink heaven! The eclectic design and yummy food just makes me swoon!

Have a look at some pictures:





Kind thanks for use of the pics to:

http://thejoysoflifeingrid.blogspot.com/2009/12/succulent-cafea-wonderful-third-place.html

http://www.emmajanenation.com/tag/succulent-cafe-northcliff/

Tell me about your kitchen tea? Who went high tea, and who went raunchy bachelorettes? Or did you do something in between :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I cannot wait! Thank you soooo much sis for all the planning and ideas thus far. You are a sister to depend on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is such a beautiful venue, I love the high tea theme! I hope you'll post some pics afterwards? Congratulations to your sister!

    Mine was a bit of a combination of sorts.

    The first party was a kitchen tea (proper one) with cake and tea. So glad a friend showed up with some vodka in hand. We played a few games and had a nice day, got some pressies for my pantry.

    The second one was a bit raunchier, landed up with apple sours in my eyes (ouch!), we went to a strip club. My step sis arranged this one, we drank and ate sushi and danced like mad. I am yet to see all the photos from that.

    The third one was a surprise, the Thursday night before the wedding I had planned a get together at a local pub and grill (so that our families could meet). My aunt took me totally by surprise, asked me to go with her to the bathroom quick, and then it dawned on me. I was dressed in pink pajamas and got to drink shooters while opening honeymoon pressies, pamper things and lingerie.

    Can remember them as if it were yesterday.

    ReplyDelete