. Wedding Dimension: Do me a favor?

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Do me a favor?



I have been thinking long and hard about what to give our guests as wedding favours. I have been to a few weddings where I got a candle with the happy couple's faces pasted on that ended up in a box in my cupboard.

I mean, be honest, are you really going to use a candle in your home with someone else's face on? Or drink from a champagne glass sandblasted with someone else's wedding date? Now don't get upset if this was your idea, whatever floats your boat!!! It is just my personal opinion!!!





Anyhoooooo, I want to give our guests something they WILL use and not throw away or put in a box for dust collection. So I have thought that something edible will maybe be a good idea. J & I are both known coffee-holics and I have toyed with the idea of getting a special blend made for us and presenting our guests with fresh coffee grounds and biscotti to enjoy the following morning. Now, I know there is no guarantee that it won't end up in the dustbin, but at least they won't throw it in a box (they won't want to invite those nasty ants, roaches etc into their cupboards that easily!!!).

There are loads of edible favors available on the web. Here are some ideas:







Alternatively, you could always make a donation toward your favourite charity or institution on behalf of your guests. This will make most of them smile! And your local SPCA or childwelfare organisation (or whatever cause is near to your heart) will surely appreciate it even more :-)

What are you giving as favors? Why not share your idea with the rest of our readers!!! Oh, and happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment