. Wedding Dimension: Blooms galore!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blooms galore!

My Bouquet


Flowers and weddings are synonymous, right? You expect to see masses of blooms in the chapel or church and macnificent centrepieces of fragrant blooms at a traditional wedding. But do you know the price tag that comes with that?



I requested a quote from the best florist in Jozi ( as voted by the public) and to my dismay the quote came to more than R6000-00!! And I don't even want a lot of flowers... Since then I have been too scared to get more quotes as I am afraid they will be more or less the same ( or even more???)

My idea for the flowers at our wedding is simple: I want small loosely arranged centrepieces (2 per long 8 seater table), 1 x bridal bouquet, 1 x bridesmaid bouquet and 6 buttonholes.

The rest of the reception hall should be decorated with autumn leaves and grasses etc. Some pics as examples of what I would like:

My Bouquet Bridesmaid\'s Bouquet

Above: My Dream Bouquet!!!; Bridesmaid Bouquet with Ranunculus but in creamy white.

Table Centrepieces, but with Cream coloured flowers White/Cream Ranunculus

Above: My ideal centrepieces - Cream & White Tulips & Ranunculus loosely arranged!

Autumn Leaves Chocolate & Cream - Our colour scheme

Above: Autumn Leaves for the rest of the venue; Chocolate & Cream colour scheme

Does that really have to cost almost R7000-00???? I am sure if I buy the flowers myself from MultiFlora it won't cost that much.... But then I have to arrange them myself, which isn't an issue but TIME is! I need to get cracking on this though, as time is fast becoming less and less.... as of today only 135 days to go AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oooh...I love the autumn leaves so much. Too bad I'm getting married in the spring! I've been enjoying looking at your site--thanks!

    ReplyDelete