. Wedding Dimension: You are invited!

Monday, April 14, 2008

You are invited!


So, our invitations are finished and we have already hand delivered 5 of them! The ones that need to be posted will go out tomorrow and the rest hand delivered over the next week or so! I am excited as this almost feels like proof that the wedding is real!!! I made each and every one of the invites and I feel very proud. I think they came out nicely and that they convey the feel and theme of our wedding. Now the wait for the RSVP's start.....

Here are a couple of pics of the process:




I used Chocolate Brown board which I scored to make two folding flaps






Once the board was scored I folded them over and flattened the creases;



So I had a long folded card.



I printed the invitation on a high quality cream paper with a gold shine, which was then stuck to the board (praise be to double sided tape!!!!)



I finished the card of by tying a cream organza ribbon around it and sticking a paper autumn leaf to the front.



And here is a whole box full of invites ready for delivery!


Our invitations are text rich as we had to explain to our guests that they will be transported by game vehicles and as such the dress code is more casual. I also wrote out directions to the venue as opposed to attaching a map.

I know that etiquette states that you are not supposed to insert your gift registry information in the invitation, but I did. As I am the person that will be handling the RSVP's myself, and thus don't have a 'middleman' to tell people about the registry. I reckoned that they will be asking me about it any way, so I will just include it. Here is the poem I wrote for the delicate matter (I used some wording from existing poems, but made it my own!):

Your presence, rather than presents,


is what we require


However, if you so desire


an option or two is provided to you


Because at first we lived in sin


we've got some sheets and a rubbish bin


A donation for out honeymoon we will appreciate


(It will help get us through the airport gate!)


Alternatively, gift registries exist



with a few things off of our wish list


I hope you are inspired to tackle making your own invitations! Enjoy the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment